I didn't just got to Carolina in my mind, though. Two weekends ago I hopped in the car with Manda and headed down to Chapel Hill to see Jennifer for her birthday and spend some time with Hilary! It was a fun road trip (and our first together) both there and back with Manda. We walked around and window shopped after we arrived on Saturday, went for a short run at the hotel gym, then headed out to dinner at a wonderful Mexican place (I could eat Mexican/Tex-Mex food every day of my life). We ended Saturday night at the Crunkelton, with some delicious drinks with cucumber and gin in them (though, as the driver, I just tasted).
Sunday we got up early and went for an 8 mile run, headed to see Hilary's new place, then had an amazing home-cooked, gluten free meal at Jennifer's. Let me tell you, Jennifer can cook! I have to admit, I was a little nervous because:
- I am a bit of a control freak, and having people cook for me takes the control away
- I am also set in my ways about what I like, and though I usually like the new foods I try, getting me to relinquish control and try them is tough
- I am a carnivore who is allergic to Salmon and Jennifer is a pescatarian. Luckily, Manda warned Jennifer about my Salmon issue.
But all those nerves were for nothing! Jennifer made an amazing vegetarian chili, gluten-free jalapeno corn bread, and some peppermint brownies that were out of this world! Her chili had an amazing flavor that was traditional enough to calm my nerves about it being "new," yet was different/unique enough to be memorable and to make me want to copy it. You know, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!
While Jennifer cooked, Manda, Hilary, and I had a dance party. After dinner we played a super fun board game called "Liebrarian." Basically, you have to come up with the first line of a book based on title and synopsis, then everyone guess between the lies and the real first line. Lets just say, this math/science minded girl was out matched, but it was still a blast! :)
When and Where:
- Sunday, January 15th, 2012
- to Hilary's and Jennifer's in Chapel Hill, NC
- sunglasses - RayBan Cockpit
- coat - Express
- sweater - LOFT
- top - eight sixty via Loehmanns
- jeans - gap
- shoes - LC by Lauren Conrad for Kohl's (NEW!)
Subscribe to Reston Style